* Chain you scooter up if you are not working on it or riding it even in the garage. We hear stories about 2 a week where someone has gotten their scooter stolen most out of the garage. What a thief will do is follow you home to see how and where the scooter lives and come back at night and get the scooter. The harder and louder you can make it the better.
* Japanese scooters will purr when right but they do not like dirt any place any kind.
* Clean the fuel system about every 5 years.
* Burn out the muffler about every 5 years.
* If you can help never run fuel with Ethanol in it (and that is getting harder all the time). less you are running something new made to run Ethanol.
* Run Sea Foam in the gas
* Get some sort of battery maintainor.
* Keep your scooter pluged into maintainor when not riding it.
* A vintage scooter looks neat but they need to be tinkered with and parts are hard to find.
* Your scooter is NOT a dirt bike. Your scooter was made to be ran on the road. If you use it as a dirt bike you Will tear it up.
* NC50 (Express) are good at blowing headlights. Make SURE all conections are clean and tight. This includes any ground wires also. The batteries must be fully charged and good.